Albumem stains

From: Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro@greco.com.br)
Date: 08/15/00-06:29:26 PM Z

Hi List,

After a long time I started to print again, and my first try was with
the albumen paper that worked very well in the past.
I used the formula:
Albumen 500 ml
Glacial Acetic Acid 1 ml
Water 15 ml
Ammonium Chloride 7,5 g

paper Canson lavis technique

The paper was coated twice with albumen and hardened with a hot iron.

The sensitizing was a 10% silver nitrate solution Brush applied twice.

The exposure was under a vapor mercury lamp 400 w at about 45 cm height
for 25 minutes.

The problem: uneven density all over the paper.
It looks like if the silver nitrate was absorbed more in some parts than
in others.

HELP

What should I do?

Thanks in advance