DEGREES

From: Bob Kiss (bobkiss@caribsurf.com)
Date: 08/30/00-07:35:46 AM Z

DEAR LIST,
    I have been following this thread with interest as a photographic
artist, a teacher, and a survivor of the MS/BS program at RIT. One of the
things I learned when at RIT and one of the things implied but not yet
stated in the many postings about education, both under- and graduate work
was that it helps you learn to become your own teacher! I define a good
education as one which prepares the student to take on the self sufficient,
lifelong task of teaching themselves...filling the holes in even the best
education, new pursuits, using new technological or aesthetic developments,
and placing oneself in a stimulating and supportive creative environment.
Much like psychotherapy, the process is part of the cure. I am grateful to
so many of my acquaintances at RIT for this.
                                    CHEERS!
                                        BOB KISS