Re: Blowin' dust off the 4X5

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 12/01/00-12:51:08 PM Z

<< I made
 several gum dichromate test prints, using 5+ year old stock solutions of gum
 arabic/pigments combined with fresh solutions of ammonium dichromate and
 potassium dichromate. >>

Hi Dave,

It sounds like you premix your pigment and gum and add only dichromate when
you are ready to print. I am interested in that. Could you share your working
method?

I currently use some gouache mixed with gum arabic to a syrupi consistency so
that when I need to use it, I can meaure the mixture and dichromate by volume
(even drops) rather than weighing. It seems to work reasonably well, but I am
interested in knowing what others are doing in terms of premixing.

Dave S