New Virus Alert - W32/ProLin@MM

From: Darryl Baird (dbaird@flint.umich.edu)
Date: 12/04/00-08:45:41 AM Z

Sorry for the annoyance of a virus warning, but due to its source and
involvement with images I thought I'd err on the side of preventative
caution. This came directly from our IT support folks - they are
competent to send out the warning.

Cheers for a virus (of all kinds) free holiday. (One more week of
classes and counting!)

-Darryl Baird
Please be aware of a new Outlook virus discovered Nov. 30th that
is starting to spread...

W32/ProLin@MM is an Internet worm that spreads via email.
The email comes with an attachment named CREATIVE.EXE,
which carries the icon of a Shockwave Media Player application.
You may receive the email in this format:

     Subject = A great Shockwave flash movie
     Body = Check out this new flash movie that I
     downloaded just now ... It's Great Bye
     Attachment = creative.exe

PLEASE DO NOT RUN THE ATTACHMENT!

If you run CREATIVE.EXE, it finds and alters all .JPG and .ZIP files
on your system and forwards a copy of itself to everyone in your
email address book.

For more information please read:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=98909

Thank you for your time,