Re: All Gum Show online exhibit

From: Peter Fredrik (pete@fotem.demon.co.uk)
Date: 12/05/00-01:35:56 AM Z

Randall Webb wrote:

> [...]

Thanks Randall for the plug re our School of Temperaprint. I too was most
impressed with the all Gum online show, my only disappointment was not
seeing Katherine's contribution. Randall is quite correct in his summation
that we do have a dearth of gum workers in the UK at the moment, and the work
I have seen is very retrospective in character. I am not against this in
principal , what is one persons meat is another 's poison, but I do feel that
Art in general and alternative printmaking in particular is most effective
if it relates to its time rather than showing a romantic interpretation of
a world that no longer exists

Pete