Re: Mat Board for Mounting Alt prints

From: Christina Z. Anderson (tracez@mcn.net)
Date: 12/06/00-11:06:16 AM Z

The backing board whether it touches the face of the front or not is still
in the long run affecting the front through osmosis (Sil H. I'm sure will
know the correct scientific term of what I am saying...) or contact,
correct?. I was under the understanding that for color prints and alt
process the westminster board was the way to go. Besides, to me 4 ply is
next to flimsy, and 2 ply is very much so...it seems the Westminster is
almost double in price for 4 ply than the Exeter 2 ply but I figured out one
time I had about 11 hr into each gumprint I did, so the extra couple dollars
was worth it for peace of mind.
     You know, I am always astounded at Light Impressions prices when I have
to order from them; I wonder if there is a discount source for archival
materials?
Chris