Re: All Gum Show online exhibit

From: Sarah Van Keuren (svk@steuber.com)
Date: 12/13/00-08:01:41 AM Z

On Tuesday, Dec. 12 Judy Seigel wrote:
> Sarah, as I recall, you said a coat of Neutral Tint gave you selenium-
> like high tones. What brand is that? I've found selenium toning makes
> print color warm, even purply. My so-called "neutral" tint has a blue
> cast. I'd love to find a better...
>
> (Tho maybe selenium tones some papers colder ?)>

Judy, I use Winsor & Newton Neutral Tint, artist grade. The ingredients are
copper phthalocyanine, carbon black and quinacridone. I didn't know that
other companies also make it. I just smeared some out to be sure it didn't
have a blue cast and it did not. It really is a bit purply. It makes me
think of Whistler nocturnes.

Sarah