Re: All Gum Show online exhibit

From: Darryl Baird (dbaird@flint.umich.edu)
Date: 12/13/00-08:29:49 AM Z

Judy and all,

While even I, the computer geek, realize the limitations of an online
exhibit, I can assure you the slides I saw while choosing prints for the
exhibit were still no replacement. I was struck with the inadequacies of
slides several times as I unpacked the prints. As an example, Denise
Kramer's work uses a gold metallic pigment in several images which
doesn't photograph well, either in traditional film or digitally. I
believe the traveling portfolio is, without a doubt, the best thing
going today.

On the other hand, I don't know how we are gong to see our brothers and
sisters work from other counties. I was a little crazy to try to include
these works, but it worked out. Perhaps I (or we) should work to raise
the consciousness of our local art museum or similar venue to try to get
them to fund and present just such endeavors. It is a lot or work, but I
can only say that I would do it again, even knowing what is involved,
as I do now.

--
Darryl Baird