Re: bad business

From: Michael Mutmansky (psu4ever@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 12/17/00-10:32:20 AM Z

David,

Your post made me recall a post on another forum not too long ago.

http://x54.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=667094889&CONTEXT=977069959.1033371677&hitnum=0

Sounds like they have had a little trouble paying. You may want to contact
the other poster and find out if they have paid him.

One thing you can do is request your equipment back. When they can't
produce it, insist on being paid for it immediately. If they don't deliver,
then you may want to consider putting a lien on them before they file for
bankruptcy... That way, if they're liquidated, you will be among the first
to be paid. That's how I understand it works, but I'm not a lawyer...

I don't know that this is the ultimate outcome for this store, but I have
seen other stores that deal in used equipment do a similar routine. The
consignment product is always the first to show problems, because they have
an easy method to avoid payment. They delay communication, they tell you
the product isn't sold yet, or they tell you the check is in the mail...
Ultimately, individuals are far more easily taken advantage of than their
new equipment vendors.

---Michael