Re: printing out paper

From: Joe Portale (jportale@gci-net.com)
Date: 12/27/00-01:09:37 PM Z

Diana,

Probably the simplest way to understand the difference between printing out
and developing out papers is the way the image appears after exposure. A
printing out paper will show an image after exposure with little or no
additional development needed to show the image. Developed out means you
need to use a developer to have the image come up. It does not matter if you
hand coat or use a commercially made paper. The developing out or printing
out is a function of the sensitizer and metals used.

You stated that you use Ziatypes. If done properly with the right humdity,
phase of the moon, etc, you will have a printed out image after exposure.
Compair this to conventional silver papers, Ilford Multigrade, Kodak
Polycontrast, these are developing out papers.

Hope this helped.

Joe Portale
Tucson, AZ