Re: printing out paper

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/28/00-08:13:32 PM Z

Diana,

I think the reason for the confusion is that printing out paper POP is still (I think) made commercially. It is basicly a silver chloride paper and was used earlier in the 2oth century to make proof prints for comercial photographers clients. It was not fixed so the proof image gradually faded away. I some articles when POP paper is refered to it is this stuff they are talking about. However, in alternative process circles, such as this list, the term printing out paper could apply to several processes like platinum, cyanotype, VDB etc. With developing out paper, no image can be seen after exposure.

Bob Schramm