Re: High contrast negatives

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 12/29/00-04:13:43 PM Z

I agree with Carl in that BPF is not the best film for this contrast range.
However, you should be able to get to a DR of about 1.8 with ABC+ (Rollo
Pyro), which is fine for salted paper. Also, the Pyrocat-HD formula first
printed in Post-Factory (you can see the formulas as modified at
http://unblinkingeye.com/) will get you to a range of 1.8 with 18 minute
develolpment time at 72F, with an increase in B+F of only 0.06 over
development at 5 minutes. For this use it should be diluted 2:4:100.

Sandy King