High contrast negatives

From: Rick Moore (rickm@gethen.com)
Date: 12/29/00-02:40:13 PM Z

Has anyone on this list had any experience using Bergger BPF 200 film
developed to the very high density ranges (2.2 or greater) required for
POP and albumen printing? If so, could you give me some starting
points: what developer, temperature, time, agitation was involved. I've
been using TMX and HC-110 for my 4x5 work, but am open to other
developers, Rodinal for instance. I know I'll have to do my own tests,
but given the cost in time and dollars shooting and developing 8x10, any
help would be appreciated.

Also, are any of the staining developers useful for producing negatives
with this kind of density range? Again, if so, please share your
experiences.