Re: First kallitype

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 12/31/00-04:47:06 PM Z

On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Joe Portale wrote:

> .... I would like to know how many kallitypes
> are in collections being called platinum or palladium. Hell, I have seen
> plain salted paper prints that would baffle many experts with only a visual
> examination.

Well, Joe, since you seem familiar with the several processes perhaps you
can answer the question (first of the new millennium?) I've asked several
times & not really had answered: What is the advantage of a salt print?

I've never done it, but know it's more difficult than plain VDB, for
instance, and also know that many people do it. I've seen some that were
extremely beautiful, but those were early prints, when there were fewer
options. And maybe these survived because they were exceptionally
beautiful. I've seen only a few contemporary salt prints; at least
to my eye, they were NOT special.

So, why do you do salt prints?

Judy