Re: gum-Spirts of Salts

From: Garet Denise (garet@rmi.net)
Date: 02/02/00-11:41:22 PM Z

James,

The book you have was written in England, and the glue they refer to is
also called Gloy gum. It is a synthetic material made of PVA (poly-vinyl
alcohol?, poly-vinyl acetate? poly-something?). Similar to Elmer's glue
but not the same. It is NOT the gum Arabic that is traditional in gum
printing. It seems to work for them, but is apparently not available in
the US.

Garet Denise
garet@rmi.net

From: James Romeo

>As you know I receved my copy of " Spirts of Salts " I have ben lookin
threw it but a few things bother me. A exp on gum under shopping list they
say buy a small bottle or glue Don't bother with the traditional gum arabic
it iss difficult to prepare and needs a preservative to keep. It goes on
and shows you how to mix using glue. I satrted working alt -process with
gum I have not done it in a long time but I never heard of using glue. I
know there a lot of you out there who work with gum. Have eny of you used
glue?? I got my Amexp bill on the book it was $ 33.34 in dollers Take care
James Romeo,