Many thanks

From: Jack Fulton (jfulton@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: 02/04/00-01:32:55 PM Z

Dear all,
My thanks to you who have responded with interst and valuable
information on this daguerrotype.
My interest is to retain the integrity of the piece 100%. If it is
deemed feasilbe to clean anything such as the glass (for there is some
dust inside) then it shall be done. further, we are working on sealing
it. One thought is to take it, once it is cleaned etc., to a window
company and have a small double pane, nitrogen filled, chamber made that
is not much bigger than the frame itslef.
By the way, it is not in a standard gutta percha molded and closed frame
but rather is taped soley around the edges.
Finaly, it appears, though we're not quite sure, to be a photograph of a
painting of this minister.
Again I appreciate your information.
Jack Fulton