Re : Dag info needed

From: roger.kockaerts (roger.kockaerts@chello.be)
Date: 02/04/00-04:41:08 AM Z

Dear all,

If we talk about replacing bits and pieces of an original historic object we
automatically go into the ethics of photographic conservation-restoration.
When does an original object ceases to be original? You only replace
something when there is no other way out! Corrosion of cover glass has been
extensively studied by Susan Barger in: "Characterization of Corrosion
Products on Old Protective Glass, Especially Daguerreotype Cover Glasses",
Journal of Materials Science, 24, 1989.

All the best,

Roger Kockaerts
professor photographic conservation-restoration
at Hogeschool Antwerpen, Belgium

You are welcome to visit our homepage at: <http://home.tvd.be/cr25588/pH7/>