Re: non-silver in graduate programs

From: Sam Wang (stwang@mindspring.com)
Date: 02/04/00-06:00:40 PM Z

Hello Sarah,

I want to let you know that we have just what you described at
Clemson: in our MFA program, I teach students alternative processes
including cyanotype, gum, vandyke, platinum, and digital negatives in
addition to conventional photography. Syd Cross, who teaches
printmaking, is a master with lithography, but is also extremely well
versed in photosilkscreen, photo transfers, digital negatives, as
well as paper making. We have a small program, but all studio faculty
participate in teaching all grad students, and students are
encouraged to work in more than one discipline. One of our current
students, for instance, concentrating in printmaking, has been
incorporating photo images via gum, cyanotype, photosilkscreen, and
transfers in his prints - his work has been shown in a good number of
national competitive exhibitions including the Magic Silver Show and
Southern Exposure.

If you wish, I'd be very happy to provide further information. Please
contact me off-list.

Sam Wang
stwang@clemson.edu
864.656.3924