Re: IR meter

From: Jacques Augustowski (jacquesa@acd.ufrj.br)
Date: 02/04/00-06:33:22 PM Z

Colin,
I think you could take a look at Hamamatsu, http://optics.org/hamamatsu/press.html
they have GaP photo diodes that reads UV. Our UV light sources are not stable as for ex. the sun, so an integrator would seem a little better to use.
A nice precision integrator could be the Burr Brown ACF2101. As for a cosine corrector for the Gallium Phosphide cell, Teflon can be used, it is transparent to UV. If you need to measure certain bands of UV then
filters will be necessary, for example from 280 to 320 nm or 320 to 400 nm. Measuring narrow spectra can be a problem with glass filters.
Jacques