Re: "The Art of Enhanced Photography"/"Themography"

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 02/05/00-12:39:37 PM Z

dean kansky wrote:
> Does anyone know what "Themography" is? How does one do it?

There are at least two types.

What I understand as thermography is detection and recording of the heat
(IR radiation) emitted from objects. An IR sensitive device that is
mainly responsive in the 5 to 20 micron (typically around 10um)
wavelength range is usually built into a video type camera with the
signal being electronically recorded for either immediate or delayed
play back. The major distinction would seem to be that thermography
records emitted IR as opposed to reflected IR.
Below is an examples of a site with such equipment.
http://www.ebs-thermography.com/

Another type of thermography involves the use of heat activated
materials used in the printing industry.
More information may be obtained from a company such as:
http://www.reproinc.com/

The above two web site are only presented as examples of the many
businesses that exist in these areas. I have no personal knowledge of
their products or services. Do your own research.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/