Re: Slides and a question

From: stuart goldstein (satgre@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 02/05/00-09:34:43 AM Z

Dean-

I briefly investigated Polaroid slides and they are NOT the same as
traditional slides. The emulsion is much softer/flakier. You need to have a
special Polaroid processing unit (either hand cranked or electric power), you
can pick them up on ebay or amazon relatively inexpensively. Color rendition
isn't "true" to life (and that's according to a Polaroid tech person) although
I was told that the B&W give a rich slide.

The film is expensive although it includes processing (via the unit that you
buy). Something went wrong with my manual processor (something cracked or
broke off ruining both the processor and my roll of film), so I can't tell you
want the slides looked like.

Stuart