RE: Slides and a question

From: John Brubaker (jb@TruePicture.com)
Date: 02/05/00-04:53:14 PM Z

Dean - I have been duplicating transparencies for years in a commercial lab
setting. I can tell you that the best results will be with Fuji duplicating
film, and an adjustable dichroic light source. We use an Omega color head
upside down on the base of a copy stand with a motorized Nikon above to copy
and crop various sized originals onto the 35mm dupe film. Color control of
the light source is necessary to get proper color balance on your copies.
As far as I know, all the duplicating films are now Tungsten balanced - you
won't get satisfactory results without using dupe film, since the contrast
is very difficult to control with regular slide films. Regards --- John