RE: Droppers and brushes

From: Joachim (joachim@microdsi.net)
Date: 02/07/00-10:34:55 PM Z

I fail to see the need for pipettes, as the level of accuracy they provide
far exceeds the requirements of the methodologies of alt-photo-processes. It
is true that few droppers are alike and that drop size will vary from one to
the next, but we can achieve reasonable precision by using droppers from the
same lot (I buy them in boxes of about 100). The cost of pipettes vs
droppers does not seem worth it. But for anyone concerned about
super-precision and is also concerned about contamination of the pipettes,
there are disposable plastic pipettes available - but the price keeps going
up and the gain keeps going down. Joachim