Cyanotype(?) question

From: Ed Herny (edphemra@pacbell.net)
Date: 02/08/00-01:20:41 AM Z

Hello,
Recently acquired a small group of real-photo postcards of Yosemite
circa 1920's. The images are all in shades of cyan-blue. I have seen
other "cyanotype" real-photo cards before, but these are somewhat
different. Previously seen cards had a matte finish and no blue color
showing through the back of the paper. This group all have a very high
gloss finish and a blue tint bleeding through to the backs. Is this
just another variant of the cyanotype process or could these images
simply be "tinted" blue after being printed by a conventional (silver
chemistry) black and white process. Please excuse my ignorance of the
technical details involved, but feel free to attempt to "smarten" me by
imparting whatever technical details you can.
Thanks.
Ed Herny