RE: transfer solvents

From: Randall Webb (randall.webb@lineone.net)
Date: 02/10/00-05:31:52 PM Z

Graham Cooper- Holmes must be a false name! However he is right about screen wash. There are two sorts of solvent that we use in UK.
One is the Sericol screen wash. Sericol have quite a good distribution net work over here but I am not sure what the situation is outside UK. It is unlikely that you would be able to take it on a plane.
Secondly we use cellulose thinners. This can be bought in any motor parts shop or hardware store for about $2 per 250 ml. Try not to use it in an unventilated room. I you do you can get as high as a kite very quickly. We also find the best transfers come from colour photocopies or cheap black and white ones.
<snip>
A few days ago, Judy wrote about a person who wanted to do transfers and
needed to know what solvent to use. I was reading an old copy of a Brit mag
"Photo Art International" and a Graham Cooper-Holmes (Sure sounds like a
Brit!) uses "an industrial silk screen degreasing agent (Seriwash), which is
supplied by Serocol".

His transfers are far and away the best that I have ever seen.