RE: transfer solvents

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/11/00-12:17:58 AM Z

> Graham Cooper- Holmes must be a false name!

And how, I can't resist asking, can you say that with such confidence,
Sherlock?

.> However he is right about screen wash. There are two sorts of solvent
that we use in UK.
> One is the Sericol screen wash. Sericol have quite a good distribution
> net work over here but I am not sure what the situation is outside UK.
> It is unlikely that you would be able to take it on a plane. Secondly
> we use cellulose thinners. This can be bought in any motor parts shop
> or hardware store for about $2 per 250 ml. Try not to use it in an
> unventilated room. I you do you can get as high as a kite very
> quickly. We also find the best transfers come from colour photocopies
> or cheap black and white ones.

=====

Meanwhile thanks to all for suggestions -- i've put in a file & will
forward. However, I'm wondering if any of these solvents actually work on
an *ink jet print*, which was the proposition. (For what it's worth, I've
found acetone best on b&w photocopies, lacquer thinner on color copies.)

Judy