transfer solvents, photo-silkscreen

From: Gregory Parkinson (glp@panix.com)
Date: 02/12/00-07:38:18 AM Z

I used to use lacquer thinner to tranfer b&w xeroxes to art papers.
Sometimes the transfer was perfect, sometimes it would be blotched
where (I think) the thinner would pool a bit before I could get enough
pressure on the paper and get it through the press. Those turned
out to be some of my favorites, though - much more fun to attack
with pencils and crayons.

When I was in University I took an intro printmaking class, and after a
few discussions with the Teaching Assistant he decided to show me how
to make photo silkscreens. As opposed to the technique described in
_Spirits of Salts_ (which I received this morning, and am skimming
through) I applied gelatin and dichromate directly to the screen and
then exposed it under a large enlarger. Ended up with five colors,
and some of them were very well registered all the way through.

Greg