Re: Update on UV lamp degradation

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/12/00-05:36:09 PM Z

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, William Laven wrote:

> I'd much prefer a system which makes politicians accountable, predictable
> and consistent than I would one for my prints!

When you find that one, for an encore you can walk on water.

I agree about the diminishing returns of trying for perfect light reading
 -- was just reaching for some explanation of discrepancy between your
observations and manufacturer's specs. Whichever, this discussion
convinces me I'm just as well off with the Gralab... you have to adjust
the times over time in any event.

That's for my style of printing, where the lights go off between exposures
& times are almost never more than 3 minutes. Where the light stays on,
metrolux would seem to be much more useful.

Judy