Re: Update on UV lamp degradation

From: Les Newcomer (lnphoto@ismi.net)
Date: 02/12/00-07:09:36 PM Z

William Laven wrote:

> BUt, you know, there are so many other variables at play and so many things
> I've done to "control" them that at one point I figure, hey, this sytem is
> working for me and I'm not going to spend my dying days trying to eek out a
> few percentage points of "more accurate" exposures. And, anyway, sometimes
> those prints which come out a little flatter or more contrasty or lighter
> or darker help me imagine the imaginbe the image in different ways anyway
> so they're not such a terrible thing.
>
> I'd much prefer a system which makes politicians accountable, predictable
> and consistent than I would one for my prints!

I had done the same thing with the zone system, measuring every thing
precisely to the point it was tiresome to shoot.
The I read in an article Weston wrote on portraiture in the late teens. He
said, "Expose the film until you think the subject is going to move"
I got an old 2D an older Dagor in barrel and a packard shutter and I've been
happy ever since.

Les Newcomer