Re: Dates and names in history

From: Richard Morris (richard.morris@brunel.ac.uk)
Date: 02/14/00-02:51:11 AM Z

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 18:45:48 +0000 Campos & Davis Photos
<photos@campos-davis.co.uk> wrote:

> Dear list, these are dates and names of people who I feel are
> important to mention in a seminar I am giving. If anyone thinks I am

Just to set the record straight. 1835 was the date of Talbot's earliest
surviving camera negative. He was actually making images in 1834. Only this
Friday I saw an image made August 1834 from a cliche verre.

Richard Morris
Brunel University, UK
richard.morris@brunel.ac.uk