Digital negs update

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 02/16/00-08:52:47 AM Z

Hello,

A while back I indicated that I was about to try a Lightjet test for PT/PD -
I'm still attempting to fully understand the differences between various
resolutions as sent to the service bureau. I will provide you with those
results soon.

Along these same lines, has anyone used a Postscript enhanced driver on an
Epson printer for the purpose of producing digital alt negs? The two major
problems with these printers seem to be posterization in the transitional
highlights and pooling of ink (loss of detail) in some areas. While I have
never encountered the latter, the former is what stops me from using those
negs for all of my final images. In fact, I am able to produce some images
just as I see them on screen including many contrast ranges - so I wondered
if anyone has tried the Postscript drivers.

Many thanks,

Nick