Re : mordancage kit

From: roger.kockaerts (roger.kockaerts@chello.be)
Date: 02/19/00-04:38:17 AM Z

----------
>De : Jonathan Bailey <quryhous@midcoast.com>
>À : sbloom@wmdc.edu, alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
>Objet : RE: mordancage kit
>Date : Ven 18 fév 2000 23:24
>

> You wrote:
>>I posted to this list my Mordancage formula and process notes last year.
That information is the same as I use to teach mordancage in my workshops.
If desired, I'd be happy to repost that information to the list, or to
forward them via e-mail to anyone interested in having it.

Dear Jonathan,

It would be a great idea if we could assemble all the available information
on mordançage. One of my students is doing research on a two-color process
(Dascolor) of which a patent was taken in Belgium in 1930 by Josse
Dassonville and which combines an (orange-red) mordanced silver image over
which a cyanotype image is printed. The patent however does not mention any
formulations so that we are most uncertain of the ingredients to use. The
above mentioned patent could be used for photographic as well as
cinematographic film and also for paper emulsions.

The different (acid) mordançage formulas we have been using and which we
collected in the alt-photo archive all create an undelible stain of the
cellkulose fibers of our Brovira paper.

We most certainly would welcome all information which could guide my student
to positive results. Thanks in advance!

With my best greetings,

Roger
Roger Kockaerts
Professor photographic conservation-restoration
at Hogeschool Antwerpen, Belgium.