Re: Supplier Silverprint problem (off topic)

From: Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Date: 02/19/00-03:57:06 AM Z

> I know this WONDERFUL catalog, showing a range of alt goodies from all
> our
> weird chemicals to Buxton paper (sigh, sob), liquid emulsion, books, and
> Kodak too, is still "being updated." Mine was out of date when I got
> it,
> and soon out of print entirely. But just reading it made me want to dash
> over to England. Perhaps the mind that can encompass that range & make
> it
> work -- along with at least 2 great books that we know of -- has e-mail
> somewhere in the *middle* of its crisis list.
>
> Meanwhile, if you're reading this, Martin: Any progress on that
> catalog?
> Come to think of it, though, mine may be a collector's item by now.
> Maybe
> I should offer it on e-bay.

I got a flyer this week that says it is available, so I think it must
either be ready or almost so.

As well as one or too special offers, some other good news is that we have
just spent a few billion pounds on building a new tube line to take you
direct to Silverprint - Southwark Station has just opened only 200 yards
away. It looks best at night, though the picture on the flyer doesn't show
it at its best.

Incidentally many of us find the new tube line and its stations rather
more impressive than the large wigwam on the gasworks site on the
Greenwich peninsula.

Peter Marshall
Photography guide at About.com http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com