RE: Supplier Silverprint problem

From: Randall Webb (randall.webb@lineone.net)
Date: 02/19/00-10:08:25 AM Z

I answered a request in good faith and thinking I was being helpful about bromoil brushes. Little did I know that world war three was going to break out with Silverprint being bombarded or at least badly trashed in front of 600 people for the sake of 15 dollars worth of lousy brushes. Anyway Stodard brushes are no better or no worse than any others. In bromoil a bru is a brush is a brush.
For the record, Silverprint is a small dedicated supplier of all darkroom products and alt.photo items. As far as alt.photo workers here are concerned they are the centre of the universe and we are fiercely protective of their reputation and their service. Anyone who makes totally irresponsible criticisms of them is not going to have many friends over here. And to anyone who crawls out of the woodwork with old complaints or claims that he no longer uses them, I say where else are you going to get all your alt.proc. supplies under one roof? I for one would be very interested to know.
Before Silverprint opened 12 years ago I was paying £1 sterling per gram for silver nitrate. Now they have brought it down to a fifth of that price. They have their own system of processing mail orders but they don't have time to sit one staff member in front of a screen waiting to stand to attention every time a small order comes through. Strangely enough, E-mails are not life itself. Nor is publishing private Emails off the list.
If childish tantrums like this constitute the general level of debate then I begin to wonder if this is where I want to be. The word "unsubscribe" becomes increasingly more attractive.
<I know that you in UK and some in US buy I faxed a Silverprint order form to them listing my credit card and order.>