Re: Silverprint No Problem !

From: peter fredrick (pete@fotem.demon.co.uk)
Date: 02/20/00-01:58:42 PM Z

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000,Judy wrote
:
> ....Come on you guys give
> Martin a break or else we will have to resume the the war of independence
> and get it right this time. You have been warned :-->

>>Actually, Pete, the next one should be the other way around -- Britain wins
independence from US ! Tho come to think on it, the Sensation show at
Brooklyn Museum launched a fine tea party with Mayor Giuliani, who called
the Chris Ofili Virgin Mary "catholic bashing" for the elephant turd. He
roused plenty of rabble with the ploy, too, but made himself laughing
stock with us non-rabble.<<

I agree just trying to lighten up this thread with the use of a bit if Brit
humour , however as our old Winston Churchill whose mother was American,
used to say ,the English and American nations are two allies separated by
a common mother tongue.

Personally I have no problem being what is considered rabble, I consider it
as being part and parcel of the Alternative personality, why else would we
revolt against the photographic establishment in the way we do.

I consider myself a very lucky man to have met and shared friendship with
a number of kind and generous American cousins, who have over the past few
years given my life a whole new dimension ! . It is just that we on this
side of pond are very proud of our Martin Reed, who is always there for
you in a time of technical crisis, OK perhaps his marketing skills could be
honed up a bit , this is a minor concern compared to the positive
contribution he has made to the world of Phot/alt as a whole.

Lets put this one to bed

Pete