Re:Homemade paper and Luminos

From: garimo (omirag@cruzio.com)
Date: 02/23/00-10:51:36 PM Z

>On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, garimo wrote:
>> .. Try a test with household spray starch!
>
>And put it away for 5 years with a piece of the paper with no spray
>starch. You'll see the starch turned a light tan.
>
>Judy

O.K. now lets hear some positive suggestion that will lead toward
finding the solution of sizing homemade papers for liquid emulsions.
It's very true I have not used spray starch and did not know that in
time it yellows. I'm glad you have this experience and so there is no
need to test it further. I had only heard that it is a quick and simple
sizing that some people have used on papers. What do you suggest that a
student could use is a shared school lab for sizing handmade
papers...when sizing papers is not a standard process, perhaps knox in
a tray is the only practical sizing option??...So, spray starch won't
do... huh? What will?

garimo