Alt-process info (from Bob Schramm)

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 02/26/00-04:55:47 PM Z

We are having trouble getting Bob Schramm's messages to the list. This is
from Bob.

Gord Holtslander

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 19:45:20 -0500
From: "WLSVAX::SCHRAMMR"@wlsc.wvnet.edu
Subject: Alt-process info

Dear List,

I have recently added a second page to my web page which is an attempt to
provide a short (and I emphasize "short") discription of alternative process
printing, some references for further information and some "links." I did not
set out to make this definitive reference but one that would provide
information to someone who might happen across my page and wonder what
a cyanotype, chrysotype, platinotype etc was.

I welcome any critical comments or suggested changes from list members.

        http://www.geocities.com/schrammr1/schramm_studioa.htm

        see bottom of first page: "For additional information.....click here"

ALSO (on another subject)

Maybe all of you already knew this but....

        Prints made in an ink-jet printer are being refered to as
        "gicle'e." This is, of course, a french word meaning, according
        to my French-English Dictionary, squirt or spurt. This is also
        a feminine-noun, but I'll bet it will be americanized to
        "giclee print." Also the plural would theoretically be les gicle'es
        in french. What would it be in english?

        And on this same subject.....

        I have recently been putting water-color papers in my ink-jet
        printer and getting some beautiful results. So far, the best
        color saturation and definition has come from some french made
        (naturally ;-) ) cold press paper. Ils sont tres beaux. If
         anyone else is doing this would you share your results s'il vous
        plait.

Bob Schramm