Blue toning in Post-Factory

From: Liam Lawless (lawless@ic24.net)
Date: 02/29/00-03:15:45 PM Z

Hi All,

Sorry to have left it so long, but there's an error in my blue toning piece in P-F #4. A dilution of 1+1+22 is given wherever I have said that really heavy toning is needed (under the headings Brown & Red Tones, Bill Rowlinson's Method, and Extended Clearing), but it should be 1+1+10. The times stated are correct (15-30 minutes).

Iron blue is very intense and prints appear to be fully toned after only a short time, but reducing all or nearly all of the image silver - which is necessary with these methods - takes a very long time. I've had a couple of calls from people who have not been too impressed with the results at the wrong dilution, but were more than happy when they did it right. So if you've decided these techniques are no good, please give them another try.

Liam

P.S. Ilford MG IV is not a good paper for blue toning, at least in fibre base. Don't know about the plastic.