Re: Digital b/w negs

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 02/29/00-03:44:21 PM Z

Sil Horwitz wrote:
> ... I have not found any inkjet printer capable of
> making good, true negatives useful for contact printing. This is mainly
> because the ink is transparent and it is difficult to create a good Dmax.

This is not exactly so. As Dan Burkholder demonstrated at APIS and as I
have been playing with, the color can have as much an effect as
density. Not exactly, but in a way that will make possible a good
working negative which looks much more transparent to the eye than it is
to UV light.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/