Re: Salted Paper:

Sarah Van Keuren wrote:
> Sandy, this may have been discussed already but the 2-ply Strathmore 500 has
> given very strange results with VDB in my classes, a grained look as if
> printed on wood. ...

The Stathmore 500 made with their acid free process (different from old
Strathmore 500 of more than 12 years ago) uses a different sizing as
well.  With Pt/Pd this results in a sort of galvanized look especially
in shadow areas.  This look can be similar to what Sarah describes.  I
would suggest caution before buying a bunch and try a sheet (best if
from the same lot you may buy.)

There are other hot press papers and heavily sized papers available.
For heavy sizing, try a paper that is suggested for use with markers.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/