Re: Digital Negatives with enough Tones for Pt/Pd

>FDanB@aol.com wrote:
>> You needn't have density to provide pure white in the print when you are
>> working with multiple negatives. ...
>
>The method I am using is to print the three negatives at one time with
>one exposure as a sandwich.  The densities of each negative simply add
>together to form a new density value.
Jeffrey, the densities add, but you don't get more tones since at a given
point, you simply add up three densities. If you do multiple exposures,
you can get more tones by varying the exposure as I've explained in
another mail. This then gives you 256 grayish tones + 256 black tones (ie
in the case of a duotone).

  Carl & Marianne Fransman-Hanssens

       E. Speeckaertlaan 141
       1200 Brussel