Re: Digital Negatives with enough Tones for Pt/Pd

Jeffrey,

I'm intrigued by the idea of your tri-scan method of producing negatives and
have been giving it some thought - I have some of questions.

1)  Have you produced a negative(s) that you subsequently printed and was
the resulting print satisfactory or did it show promise?

2)  As I recall from your previous posts on the subject, you are using TRI-X
film that you develop with no exposure so that you are left with Base+Fog.
Do you somehow prepare the film for use in your inkjet printer or how does
that work?  What I mean is, I wouldn't have considered TRI-X to be a
suitable medium for spraying ink.

3)  My film scanner is an 8 bit scanner and I was wondering what control is
supplied by your scanner software that allows you to set the bit level to
scan?  Most scanner software allow you to control color and contrast, but I
don't recall seeing a bit level control on any scanner.

4)  Please confirm that each of your 3 scans are received by Photoshop as 8
bit scans with a full range of 256 colors - this is somewhat confusing.

Many thanks,

Nick