Re: multiple registration of negatives

>Dear list,
>
>Have some people, for gum printing and similar processes, used the method
>of glueing a wet piece of paper on to a glass plate to let it shrink, when
>drying after each development, to exactly the same dimensions as before?
>
>In particular, I would like to get any suggestion regarding the glue to be
>used: I have not yet found one which is waterproof, but can also be removed
>again when the print is ready.
>
>Lukas

An alternative to gluing (?) the paper onto some surface would be the
following:  Take a glas pane (or wooden board) slightly smaller than
the paper.  Center the paper on the plane and fold the ends around
the edges of the plane.  Tape down the edges on the reverse side of
the pane (or board) with masking tape (Kreppband).  The paper will
now dry while holding its dimensions (if sufficiently preshrunk to
begin with). As far as I know this is the best available method for
preventing shrinkage _as_much_as_possible_  (there is always likely
to be _some_ shrinkage).  In any case it is the method of choice for
obtaining flat prints after the paper has been put through the last
wet process.

Hoffe das hilft. -- A