Re: Buxton Papers

Gamio,

> Hey Don!
>  What part of the world are you in?? Come on over on saturday & lets
> print some cyanotypes!

I would love to come over but I'm near Atlanta, so that is a bit far for me
to bike over! But thanks for the invite.

> I think the ones I'm doing are looking ok these
> days... I had a 17"X24" cyanotype print of the huge redwoods outside my
> front door in a local community art center exhibit...It was the first
> thing from this show to sell...so I guess at least one other person
> besides myself liked it...Usually it's just the painters who sell
> stuff, I think most people have no idea what they are looking at when
> they see cyanotypes or other alt. processes.

I'll say it looks OK. I would imagine that the actual print is very nice. Do
you process your ortho in Dektol? What brand of film?

>  Want'a see it? It's kind of a large scan...
> <http://upnatom.com/redwood.html>
>  I hope all the comments help you with your printing.
> garimo

So are you doing New Cyanotypes or traditional? I've used a foam brush but
for the prints that I've done lately I've used a wet hake brush.

I seem to have some crystalization of the emulsion as well. I'm sure I'm
making this too difficult.

Thanks,

Don Bryant