Re: your mail -

I do not want anyone discouraged from participating in this list.  I
expect people to disagree, but I insist that it be done with respect.

This list relies on peoples willingness to share information.  List
members must be confident that they will always be treated with respect.
Messages like the one below are very detrimental to the list.

I will tolerate a degree of arrogance even pompositity, but I will not
tolerate a personal attack on another list member.

Gord Holtslander
List Manager

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, edzachary wrote:

> This thread HAS been useful, but only because others have stepped
> forward to correct the misconceptions Jeffrey has stubbornly
> presented.  "Discouragement" is just what he needs! Not only does he
> continually propogate erroneous information, he does it in a pompous
> and arrogant fashion.
>
> Sarah, you stated that you are "unready to contribute".  Well, fine.
> But don't let your lack of knowledge contribute to your vulnerability.
> There may be SOME issues that Jeff can speak about with authority, but
> digital capture and reproduction are certainly not among them!
>
> Ed

Gordon J. Holtslander		Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca		112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg	University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433		Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461		Canada  S7N 5E2