No Subject

Please respond personaly to--

zhimboo@kcnet.com

no caps in my address.

-----------------

My Pathetic Plead: Please Read

-----------------

My sorry plight--

I need some advice or information from people that have either a serious involvement in the photographic field, or from people with a professional involvement in the field.

I need some cooperation please. I know that this may seem rude to post this to the list, but I need some help. I am in a summer course at my local community collage. We are writing an essay with an emphasis on our major. I am in school and looking forward to graduating with either a BFA in photographic processing, or in design. The only requirement for my essay is to find and utilize three interview sources, so I bet that you have figured out what I am asking.

Please do not delete this yet!

I have been a following member of this list and just figured that I could use the knowledge of everyone here.

-----------------

Now to the point--

I have a series of questions that I think will be a real help in the completion of my essay, but first I need some general information.

1. A name, first and last, would be helpful. If you do not feel comfortable giving a real name than an appropriate first and last alternative name will work just as well.

2. Also an academic title would be a nice addition if applicable.

3. Next I would need some kind of e-mail address so that I can cite the address as my source. Do not worry! Only my professor and I will see this information.

-----------------

Now on to the real questions.

1. What is your roll in the photographic field?

2. How did you get into this position?

3. Where have your works been displayed and where have they been published at in the past?

4. What were some of the struggles that you went through before establishing a strong grounding, or foot hold, in the field?

5. When did you know that you would be entering into the photographic field with some amount of seriousness?

6. What training did you go through to become an established photographer or printer?

7. Do you have any particular mentor that helped you out early in your involvement with photography and printing? If so, how did they help you?

8. What advice would you give to me knowing that I am just starting out and trying to make a profession out of photography?

9. What is the most rewarding aspect of working in art; of working in photography?

10. Now lets pretend that I have no idea what is involved in making any kind of image what-so-ever. When you begin a day of working in your particular medium/media what do you do from beginning to end?

11. If someone was to work professionally in a photographic field what kind of earnings would be available to that person?

12. Silly question: What kind of equipment might a person need to go full force into photography professionally?

13. Not as silly of a question: What resources are available to any one who works largely in fine art photography; examples; books, Internet sites, films, seminar?

14. What kind of personal experiences have sprung from having an involvement in the arts?

15. What is your drive, your inspiration, motivation behind your creativity and artistic endurance?

16. Have you ever had days that you feel like you have no creativity what-so-ever? Where do you think this feeling came form, and how did you get over it?

17. Why or why not would you recommend photography as an emphasis to a fine art major?

18. What is the most interesting print that you have ever made, and why do you feel it is of such interest to you?

19. What are the perks of participating in your field of photography?

20. Have you ever made anyone terribly upset over an incident relating to art or photography? If so what happened and what measures were taken to resolve the situation?

21. How would a beginner get their foot in the door of this profession?

Thank you very much.

If anyone would like a compleated copy of the essay I will be happy to e-mail it to them.

Please sent responses personally to--

zhimboo@kcnet.com

no cap in my address.

Once again, thanks!