Re: Permanency of VDB (test)

Sam,

Good thinking. Especially if the protective coating would also
filter out UV. Ilfochrome prints which are laminated in a UV absorbing
plastic a warrented for 200 years. I assume they did some special
test with strong UV sources in order to make this claim???

Along the same line, it is interesting that probably the most delicate
images (daguerreotypes) have survived probably because they are
immediatly sealed in a protective package after they are made. Modern
daguerreotypists use acid free mat board, glass and acid free tape
to bind the edges and seal the package.

Then theres the old, "Whats the best way to show a print? Under
two inches of water." argument. If you could just devise a noninteractive
coating that seals the image, absorbs UV light and
looks like two inches of water, I, for one, would pay money for it.

Bob Schramm