Darkroom Bamboo Print tongs - reviving

Everyone has probably at least one set of bamboo print tongs with no rubber tips on them - the tips don't last very long.  I found 7 of these tongs in a drawer and I needed another pair - they don't sell these anywhere locally.  I purchased some 'Plasti Dip', heavy duty rubber coating.  Comes in can similar to but smaller than a tennis ball can and in various colors - I got red.  Simply dip the ends of the tongs in the liquid and set out to dry - repeat several times.  Like magic, new rubber tips and they won't allow solutions to get between them and the bamboo.

This stuff is made for coating the handles of mechanic's tools, but I would guess that there are a hundred other uses.

Nick