Re: brown ferric ammonium citrate

>From: nze christian <christian_nze@hotmail.com>
>To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
>Subject: Re: brown ferric ammonium citrate
>Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:46:18 +0000 (CEST)
>
>not at all
>
>brown ferric ammonium citrate is just less sensitive as you said but you
>will obtain same result as with the green.
>
>just one thing as it don't contain as much ferric component you have to
>change some of the formula. you usually need more brown than green .
>
>I will look in my book to give you the conversion factor.
>

>Nze Christian
>France
>mailto:christian_nze@hotmail.com

Christian,

Thanks. It's good news that the use of the brown version does not imply
inferior quality.
I seem to remember to come across the issue of different iron contents  of
ferric ammonium citrates in a Merck product catalogue some time ago. The two
varieties were not labeled "green" and "brown" but some other clues
suggested that the green has the lower iron content. Probably I was wrong.
I would be greatful for the conversion factor.

                                            All the best,
                                            Istvan