Re: Selenium

I think the dangers of selenium when you're not breathing it or putting
your hands in it or boiling it into the room, but rather putting it in a
narrow mouth flask and heating it with na sulfide a minute or two, or
whatever, and we're talking a gram or two -- are greatly exaggerated.

However, it is hard to get plain. Here's something I wonder if folks have
tried:  as I recall, Kodak polytoner has no fixer in it, and is a mix of
liver of sulfur and selenium, actually adding more archivality than plain
selenium. Has anyone tried that (it works on SG at a great range of
dilutions) for the VDB or salted paper, or whatever is on the table?  I
always meant to but never got around to it...

Judy